You’re stuck in the same work routine. As soon as the workday ends, you head to the gym to get some much-needed cardio and weight lifting done. But when you start to do some sit ups, it hits you. “For all the physical activity that I do, I cannot believe that my stomach has not become toned,” you say with a sigh. “I just want my hard work to show!”
This is where Dr. Joshua Waltzman can help. Dr. Waltzman is an expert at abdominoplasty procedures, or tummy tucks, and can help you to feel happy and confident with your body image.
An abdominoplasty is a surgery that flattens the abdomen by removing skin and fat while tightening the abdominal wall muscles. This procedure can help you to achieve the body results that you have wanted, especially with the stubborn midsection region.
Through this blog, you will learn about some of the myths related to tummy tucks, and find out the real information about the procedure and the results. Keep reading so you can understand why an abdominoplasty procedure might be right for you.
Myths about Abdominoplasty
With any procedure, there are usually rumors and myths that accompany it. Many of these myths are simply misinformation.
- Myth: A tummy tuck is the same as liposuction. For many people, when they hear the words ‘tummy tuck,’ they immediately think of liposuction. However, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, is a completely different procedure than liposuction. In a full abdominoplasty procedure, the loose muscles from the left and right sides of the abdominal wall are pulled and tightened to create a stronger abdominal wall and smaller waist. Liposuction may be recommended in additional to a tummy tuck to remove additional fat deposits and create your ideal body contour.
- Myth: Only women have tummy tucks Tummy tucks are common among women who have had multiple pregnancies and are looking for ways to tighten the abdominal muscles and tighten loose skin. However, abdominoplasty is also beneficial for men who were once obese or overweight, and still have fat deposits that will not disappear. A tummy tuck can help both men and women, and can help to restore body confidence and esteem.
- Myth: With a tummy tuck, you only see results in the stomach While a tummy tuck can dramatically tighten the muscles of the abdomen, it also tightens excess skin and fatty tissue. In addition, the waist will be smaller too. When combined with liposuction, you can also notice smaller hips and a better overall body contour.
- Myth: patients are never satisfied with the results of a tummy tuck Patient satisfaction after a tummy tuck is extremely high, and many patients report having a better body image post-surgery. The results of a tummy tuck can be maintained with physical exercise and healthy eating habits, which can help you not only look great, by feel good too!
- Myth: there is only one type of abdominoplasty surgery There are actually multiple abdominoplasty surgeries that can target your individual needs. A mini abdominoplasty procedure targets the problem area below the belly button, while a full abdominoplasty can address the entire abdomen region. Dr. Waltzman will discuss each of these options with you during an initial consultation to find which procedure is right for you.
- Myth: after a tummy tuck, I do not have to worry about diet or exercise This is false! After a tummy tuck, diet and exercise are essential to ensure that you maintain results. By eating fruits, vegetables, and less refined sugars and sweets, you can maintain your new figure. Exercising not only keeps you healthy, but you are able to maintain the results of the abdominoplasty as well. Diet and exercise is key to keeping you always looking and feeling your best.
Learn More about Tummy Tucks with Dr. Waltzman
If you are interested in learning more about abdominoplasty with Dr. Joshua Waltzman, then do not hesitate to contact our team. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the very best in care, and strive to help our patients achieve their dream results.
During an initial consultation, Dr. Waltzman will answer all of your questions and find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure. You will gain valuable information into what the procedure entails, including recovery time, anticipated results, and financial inquiries.
You do not have to remain dissatisfied with your body figure. Learn more about how The Waltzman Institute team can help you reach the body contouring goals that you have always wanted.