Are the unwanted effects of aging starting to deter from your facial beauty? Specifically, are you beginning to become unhappy with your facial appearance?
Fortunately, there is an array of cosmetic options designed to help negate the unfortunate signs of aging. One of these choices is a facelift. This common and popular procedure restores youthful beauty and self-confidence. That’s the goal, right? To look and feel your best! At Waltzman Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, we believe our patients have the right to experience aesthetic rejuvenation and a boost to self-esteem. A facelift may be the right path to get you there.
However, when it comes to any cosmetic surgery, it is crucial to have realistic expectations. Because patient satisfaction is important to us, we want to ensure you have all the possible information available on what to expect from your facelift results. Many dissatisfied patients are the result of surgeons overpromising and under delivering.
When consulting with prospective facelift patients, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Josh Waltzmaninforms them of what to expect before, during and after surgery as well as what the results will bring. He will tell you what a facelift can do for you and what it cannot. You will become more familiar with the procedure and what techniques will help you achieve your cosmetic goals.
What a Facelift Can’t Do
A facelift will not make a sixty-year-old woman look like she is in her thirties. Although you will look younger, a facelift is designed to help you retain your natural beauty as you age. Most plastic surgeons agree the procedure will take about a decade off your facial appearance by softening wrinkles and fine lines.
A traditional facelift will not address puffy under eye circles or hooded upper eyelids. These results are possible with blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery. Also, it will not improve forehead wrinkles or a furrowed brow. A brow lift will resolve this condition.
A facelift is designed to resolve specific problems which come with age, like:
- Loss of neck and chin contours
- Loss of facial and neck muscle tone
- Deep creases from the base of your nose to the corners of your mouth
- Loss of skin elasticity
Dr. Waltzman employs modern facelift techniques which are more sophisticated than ever. His experience and extensive training in facial plastic surgery will deliver the results which will enhance your facial appearance. After an in-depth evaluation of your unique facial contours, he will develop a surgical plan to ensure you achieve the best results possible.
Facelift Surgery Advantages
Facelift surgery can rejuvenate your facial appearance in multiple ways. These include:
- Tightening the facial muscles – These underlying facial structures or SMAS (superficial musculoaponeurotic system) will weaken and sag as you age. Before repairing your loose skin, Dr. Waltzman will first rearrange and tighten the underlying tissue to put less tension on the facial skin. This technique will also tighten the epidermis and allow your facelift results to last longer.
- Repair loose skin – Dr. Waltzman will tighten and trim sagging skin to restore a natural, youthful, facial presence. He will not over tighten which can give you the well-known wind-blown look or pulled appearance.
- Improve facial contours – He will also restore a smoother look to the cheek areas and the lower eyelids. The traditional facelift will eliminate jowls and smooth the neck area delivering an attractive jawline contour. When the patient has excessive jowls or a fleshy neck, liposuction can potentially be used on these areas as well.